Colonel Deepak Kumar
Col. Deepak Kumar joined Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA), a Statutory Body of the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India as Member Secretary & Chief Executive Officer on 11th July, 2016. He has been instrumental in drafting the Adoption Regulations, 2017 which was notified by the Government of India.
His consistent effort in improving the mechanism has brought major changes in improving the functioning of the organisation. He has played a pivotal role in establishing CARA the Legal way of Adoption through focussed media and advocacy campaigns, through his initiatives like creating a helpline, monthly Jansampark, Live chats, launching new advocacy program etc. .
Not only is he instrumental in establishing the completely online way of adoption but also in upgrading the system and law to facilitate the process of Adoption. He is consistently working on the strategies for streamlining the Adoption Programme in the country
Achievements During The Tenure
- Notification of the Adoption Regulation 2017 on 16th January 2017 as mandated under Section 68 of JJ Act 2015.
- Upgradation of CARINGS module as per the Regulations to include new modules for In-country & Inter-country Relative Adoptions as well as Adoption of Step-children.
- Giving access on CARINGS for Inter-country PAPs to monitor their status.
- Provisioning of Grievance & Query module for addressing the same on timely basis with provision of appellate.
- Jansampark for the interaction with PAPs has been instituted, where people are invited to CARA Office, New Delhi on the last Friday of the month to seek clarifications as well as redressal of their grievances.
- Quarterly Facebook Live Chat CEO CARA initiated quarterly Live interactions on Facebook to promote the Adoption Programme and address the queries related to adoptions.
- Bench Book for the Judiciary was prepared and circulated to all concerned and has also been hosted on the website.
- Numerous Training Program has been conducted across the country which has included the orientation program for the Judges in National & State Judicial Academies.
- Review Meeting for implementation of the Adoption Programme by the States and UTs: Challenges faced and the Way Forward was conducted to formalize unified strategies for streamlining the Adoption Programme in the country with the help of State Officials.
- Large number of Advocacy program through Print & Audio Visual media has been undertaken with Sakshi Tanwar as the Brand Ambassador.
- Represented India at the Hague in the International Convention on Inter-country Adoptions in Oct 2016.
- Participated in the Annual Convention of National Council for Adoption in USA in Sep 2016.
- As Member Secretary of the Steering Committee of CARA, has been instrumental in steering large number of policy decision like streamlining the referral system & prioritising the adoption process for single ladies over 40 years of age.
- Awards conferred during the tenure:-
- SKOCH Smart Governance Award, 2016 & SKOCH Platinum Award 2016 Conferred on CARA.
- SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award, 2017 Conferred on CARA.
- The Indus Foundation Award for Best Technology 2017 Conferred on CARA.
- The Indus Foundation Award for Social Impact 2017 conferred on Shri Deepak Kumar, CEO, CARA.