as per Reg 33(c) of Adoption Regulations 2017and Sec 67 of JJ Act 2015
- SARA is set up by the State Government under the guidance of the Authority as per Section 67 of the JJ Act 2015 for dealing with adoption of Orphan/Abandoned/Surrendered children and related matters. SARA shall liaison with District Child Protection Unit at District levels and provides technical support to the Child Welfare Committees in carrying out the process of rehabilitation of all children in need of care and protection.
- The State Government appoints a Programme Manager, Programme Officer and a Programme Assistant under the Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS), a centrally sponsored Scheme of the Ministry of Women & Child Development Government of India.
- The Governing Body of SARA, defined as per the Reg 33(1 (c)) of Adoption Regulations 2017and Sec 67 of JJ Act 2015 is required to review the progress of adoption work at least once in every quarter and address the operational as well as logistics issues and bottlenecks in adoption process or system in the State.
- SARA shall liaison with District Child Protection Unit at District levels and provides technical support to the Child Welfare Committees in carrying out the process of rehabilitation and social reintegration of all children through sponsorship, foster-care, In-Country and Inter-Country adoption.
- In order to support CARA in promoting in-country adoption and regulating inter-country adoption, ICPS provides for establishing of a State Adoption Resource Agency(SARA) in every State/UT as a unit under the SCPS, to coordinate, monitor and develop the work of adoption and render secretarial and administrative assistance to the State Adoption Advisory Committee(SAAC).
(As per Reg 33(2) of Adoption Regulations 2017)
- SARA shall function as the State level Resource Centre to coordinate, monitor and develop the adoption program in the State.
- SARA shall facilitate the setting up of SAAs, provide legal recognition to SAAs and maintain a comprehensive list of such agencies.
- SARA shall inspect, monitor and conduct meetings of Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAA) on quarterly basis and upload the all such details related to SAAs on CARINGS.
- SARA shall recommend recognition renewal of SAA in the State on the basis of performance every five years.
- SARA shall identify all Child Care Institutions (CCIs) in the State which are not recognised as SAAs and link them to SAAs for enabling and facilitating adoption of eligible children in such institutions.
- SARA shall identify SAAs or CCIs that have the capacity and facility to provide quality care and treatment for special need children on long term basis and hence facilitate transfer of such children to these agencies.
- SARA shall take measures that are required for expansion of the adoption programme in the State, such as, strengthening the knowledge base, research and documentation, strengthening child tracking system, training and capacity building activities, publicity and awareness activities, advocacy and communication, monitoring and evaluation.
- SARA shall validate the data furnished on CARINGS by the Child Welfare Committee regarding the number of children declared legally free and the number of cases pending before the committee.
- In case of an Orphan/abandoned child/children is from another state, then the publication shall be facilitated by SARA in the known place of origin of the child in the local language (Reg 6(7) of Adoption Regulations 2017).
- In case of a Surrendered Child, SARA shall facilitate counselling of the Biological Parents for exploring the possibility of parents retaining the child(Reg 29(4a) of Adoption Regulations 2017).
- SARA shall check whether the photograph of child/children is uploaded correctly in CARINGS by SAA and inform them to update it after every 2 months.
- SARA shall furnish and update the name, address and contact details of SAAs along with the copies of certificate of recognition in CARINGS.
- SARA ensures furnishing of correct adoption data and documents in the CARINGS by the SAA, in the format specified in the Adoption Regulations 2017 as well as ensure it adheres to the timeline defined in the regulations.
- SARA shall update the contact details of the District Child protection Units, Child Welfare Committees and State Adoption Resource Agency in CARINGS on regular basis,
- SARA shall maintain updated State Specific database of adoptable children, Prospective Adoptive Parents, and children given in In-Country/Inter-Country Adoptions in CARINGS.
- Ensure that all adoptions of children are done in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act 2015 and the Adoption Regulations 2017.
- In cases of illegal adoptions SARA shall take appropriate action(s) on complaints or sou-motu, in regards to violation of the provisions of the Act or the Regulation (Reg 33(3) of Adoption Regulations 2017).
- SARA shall maintain a panel of professionally qualified or trained social workers and set up a counselling centre with the support of Authority at State-level to assist District Child Protection Unit, Specialised Adoption Agency or Child Care Institution, for the requirements as detailed underneath:
- In case of root search by older adoptees, SARA shall facilitate his/her root search (Reg 30(7) of Adoption Regulations 2017).
- In case of disruption in In-Country adoption, if the child has been taken to another State during the adoption process, the repatriation of the child shall be coordinated by SARA in the State where the child is residing and the State of origin (Reg 13(6)(c) of Adoption Regulations 2017).
- The authorities dealing with issuance of Birth Certificate, Passport and other related matters may be invited to attend the review meetings of the SARA (Reg 33(1)(e) of Adoption Regulations 2017).
(As per Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS), Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India)
- Functioning as the State level Resource Centre to coordinate, monitor and develop the adoption program in the State.
- Facilitating the setting up of SAAs, provide legal recognition to SAAs and maintain a comprehensive list of such agencies.
- Ensure that all adoptions/permanent placements of children are done in accordance with the Laws & Guidelines of the Supreme Court of India and Government of India .
- Promote in-country and regulate inter-country adoptions in coordination with CARA.
- Maintain a centralized web-based database of adoptable children with the help of DCPU as a part of the child tracking system.
- Maintain a centralize web-based database of prospective adoptive parents with the help of DCPU.
- Supervise the work of SAAs and ensure coordination between them within State.
- Ensuring that all PAPs are registered at SAA/ SARA.
- Providing comprehensive adoption data to CARA on monthly basis.
- Ensuring sensitization of all agencies and allied systems.
- Enhancing capacity of those working in the adoption system.
- Taking necessary punitive action when malpractices occur in the adoption program whether by licensed /recognized adoption agencies or by unlicensed individuals or organizations.
- Advocacy and awareness for promoting adoptions in the State.
- Developing and disseminating IEC materials.
1. Pre-Adoption Process (Reg 33(2) of Adoption Regulations 2017)
1.1 Identify CCIs which are not recognised as SAAs and link them to SAAs to facilitate adoption of eligible children. 1.2 Renew the registration of SAAs after every five years subject to satisfactory performance and update their recognition status in the CARINGS. 1.3 Monitor pendency in state related to CWC clearance. 1.4 Check whether the photograph of children is uploaded correctly in CARINGS by SAA and inform them to update it after every 2 months. 1.5 Maintain a state specific database of adoptable children, PAPs, SAAs, CWCs and DCPUs in CARINGS. 1.6 Facilitate PAPs to register online in CARA website, wherever required.
2. Adoption Process (Reg 33(2) of Adoption Regulations 2017)
2.1 Facilitate SAA in uploading the CSR and MER in CARINGS in case the SAA is facing any technical difficulty. 2.2 Check whether CSR and MER are uploaded correctly by SAA in CARINGS. 2.3 Check whether CWC certificate is uploaded correctly by SAA in CARINGS portal. 2.4 Regularly monitor reports available in CARINGS related to adoptable children. 2.5 Monitor pendency in state related to HSR, CSR and MER and Court Order. 2.6 Maintain a panel of professionally qualified or trained social worker for the counselling and preparation of the Home Study Report of the PAPs.
3. Post – Adoption Process
3.1 Monitor, review and approve the Post Adoption Follow up report uploaded by SAA in CARINGS.
(Annexure II of Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS), Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India)He/she shall be responsible for coordinating and supervising all non-institutional care programs at the State level. He/she shall supervise the adoption program for children in need of care and protection carried out in the State with the help of the District Child Protection Units, Child Welfare Committees, and SAAs. He/she shall ensure implementation of all the duties, roles and responsibilities envisaged for the State Adoption Resource Agency including:
- Coordinate, monitor and develop the adoption program in the State;
- Facilitate the setting up of SAAs where they do not exist and recommend to CARA for registration
- Facilitate the setting up of SAAs, provide legal recognition to SAAs and maintain a comprehensive list of such agencies;
- Ensure that all adoptions/permanent placements of children are done in accordance with the Laws & Guidelines of the Supreme Court of India and Government of India;
- Promote in-country and regulate inter-country adoptions in coordination with CARA;
- Maintain a centralized web-based database of adoptable children with the help of District Child Protection Units as a part of the child tracking system;
- Maintain a centralized (state-specific) web-based database of prospective adoptive parents with the help of District Child Protection Units;
- Supervise the work of SAAs and ensure coordination between them within State;
- Ensure that all PAPs are registered at DCPU/ SAA/ SARA;
- Provide comprehensive adoption data to CARA on monthly basis;
- Ensure sensitization of all agencies and allied systems;
- Enhance capacity of those working in the adoption system;
- Take necessary punitive action when malpractices occur in the adoption program whether by licensed /recognized adoption agencies or by unlicensed individuals or organizations;
- Advocacy and awareness for promoting adoptions in the State;
- Develop and disseminate IEC materials.
(Annexure II of Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS), Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India)He/she shall work under the overall supervision of the Program Manager (Adoption, Foster Care and Sponsorship) to assist him/her is supervision and monitoring of all the adoption programs, foster care and sponsorship services for children in need of care and protection in the state.
List of State Adoption Resource Agencies (SARA)
|S.No.||State & District||Agency Name||Address||Contact Detail|
|Women Development And Child Welfare Dept.
|Government of Andhra pradesh 2nd floor swarna jayanthi complex ameerpet Hyderabad-500038||Name :Director
Contact No : 23730520
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Social Welfare Department
|House no-46 first floor survey beltola near bus stop||Name :Director
Contact No : 03612229275
Mobile : 9864483226
E-mail : email@example.com
|2nd Floor Apna Ghar Behind Lalit Bhawan Baily Road Patna||Name :Mr. Brajesh Kumar
Contact No : 06122545033
Mobile : 9955404688
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department of Social Welfare
|SARA c/o UT Child Protection Society Sector 19 B Chandigarh||Name :Ms. Bisman Ahuja
Contact No : 01722548000
Mobile : 8146844121
E-mail : email@example.com
|Women And Child Welfare Dept.
|Indravati Bhawan 2nd Floor Block-A Naya Raipur Chhattisgarh||Name :Director
Contact No : 07712220006
Mobile : 9827977752
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|6||Dadar and Nagar Haveli
|SARA Dadar and Nagar Haveli
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli Silvasa||Name :Mahesh Patel
Contact No : 9573299
E-mail : email@example.com
|7||Daman and Diu
|SARA, Daman and Diu
|Programme Officer, SARA, Daman and Diu||Name :Tejashri Sankhe
Contact No : 2230085
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dept of women and Child Development
|Govt. of NCT of Delhi 1 canning lane k.G Marg||Name :Lakshmi Nehendiratta
Contact No : 01123073416
E-mail : email@example.com
|Directorate of Women and Child Development
|Directorate of Women 7Child Development 2nd Floor Old Education Building 18th June Road Panaji Goa 403001||Name :Probation Officer
Contact No : 08322426112
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department of Social Defence
|Government of Gujarat Block No 16 Juna Sachivalaya Old Secretariat Dr. Yuvraj Mehta Bhawan Gandhinagar||Name :Director
Contact No : +91 79-23242523
E-mail : Sara.email@example.com
|Social Justice And Empowerment Department
|Women and child Development Department Bays No. 15-20Sector-4 Panchkula||Name :Director
Contact No : 01722560349
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Women and Child Development
|Program Officer WCD Shimla||Name :Sh. H. S. Dhatwalia
Contact No : 01772628730
Mobile : 9418686593
E-mail : email@example.com
|Social Welfare Department
|Engg. Bhawan Ranchi||Name :Miss. Babita
Contact No : 9905340627
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department Of Women And Child Development
|2nd Gate multi Storied Building Dr Ambedkar Veedhi Bangalore||Name :Shailaja Programme manager
Contact No : 08022879382
E-mail : email@example.com
|Office of Director women and child development ICPS Poojappura TVM||Name :Nijo Sebastian
Contact No : 04712342235
Mobile : 8281899475
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department of Panchayat And Social Welfare
|Mahila Bhawan Jawahar Bal Bhawan ParisarSecond Stop Tulsi Nagar Bhopal||Name :Director
Contact No : 07552556916
E-mail : email@example.com
|Maharashtra State Child Protection Society 2 nd floor Arjun Building Opp.Don.Bosco youth center Koregaon Road koregoan Park Pune -01||Name :Mr.Amol Shinde Mrs. Namrata Nagargoje
Contact No : 9921898678
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department of Social Welfare
|Government of Manipur Directorate Complex A.T line imphal||Name :Gyanilaxmi Thongam
Contact No : 08415902838
E-mail : email@example.com
|State Adoption Resource Agency Meghalaya
|Government of Meghalaya Lower lachumiere Hopkinson road Shillong||Name :Smti.Virginia Malngiang
Contact No : 2501268
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Social Welfare Department
|Verdant Ridge,Dunglena Building,Laipuitlang,AizawlMizoram||Name :Programme Manager
Contact No : 03892396957
Mobile : 9436190895
E-mail : email@example.com
|State Child Protection Society
|Aier Building Near SP Office Komiha Nagaland||Name :Programme Manager
Contact No : 2242979
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Deptt. of Women and Child Development
|Odisha State Child Protection Society IMAGE Campus Siripur Square Bhubaneswar||Name :Director
Contact No : 06742562349,06742561522
E-mail : email@example.com
|Directorate of Social Welfare
|No.1 Saradambal Nagar Ellaipillaichavady Puducherry||Name :K.Uthaman
Contact No : 2205871
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Department of Social Security And Women And Child Development
|Government of Punjab SCO 102 103 sector 34A Near Passport Office Chandigarh||Name :Director
Contact No : 2602726
E-mail : email@example.com
|Deptt. of Social Welfare
|20 198 Kaveri Path Mansarover Jaipur RAJ.||Name :Director
Contact No : 2399335
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Social Justice Empowerment and Welfare Department, Gangtok||Name :Peter Rai
Contact No : 00000000
E-mail : email@example.com
|Department of Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme SW And NMP
|Commissionerate of Social Defence department. 300 Purasawalkam High Road , Kelly,s Chennai -600 010||Name :E Christudas
Contact No : 04426423050
Mobile : 9444784421
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|State Adoption Resource Agency
|Directorate of Women Development and Child Welfare Department IInd Floor Swarnajayanti Complex Ameerpet||Name :Mrs.K.R.S.LAKSHMI DEVI
Contact No : 04023733848
Mobile : 7382616142
E-mail : email@example.com
|Department of Social Welfare and Social Education
|Government of Tripura Agartala||Name :Director
Contact No : 2326033
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Deptt. of Women Welfare And Child development
|Goverment of Uttar Pradesh Jawahar Bhawan Ashok Marg Lucknow||Name :Director
Contact No : 2286140
E-mail : email@example.com
|Deptt of Social Welfare Govt of Uttarakhand
|nageswati chikitsalaye first flore near rispana pul haridwar road Dehradun||Name :Vikram Lal Nakholiya
Contact No : 01352669857
Mobile : 9410722092
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|ICMARD Building9th Floor Block-14/2 CIT SchemeUltadanga Kolkata||Name :Director
Contact No : 232129950
E-mail : email@example.com